- Tullibardine Distillery Tour
Ask at the distillery for times and more details. www.tullibardine.com
- Blackford Village Store
All the basics, good value and good range of products.
- Children’s swing park
At the east end of the village near the school and another play area beyond the level crossing for older children. (The level crossing is manned full time.)
- Blackford Church Trail Leaflet gives a starting point to a number of other routes which are signed from the village.
- Beyond Comelyburn on the road beyond the level crossing, is a sign for a route to Auchterarder via Gleneagles Golf Course.
- There is a footpath beside the Danny Burn just beyond the Moray Institute.
- On the other side of the dual carriageway is a signpost for a route across the Ochils.
- Please ask for further information about longer walks on the Sherrifmuir and the Ochil hills
In the house
In the chest of drawers in the sitting room are games and jigsaws.
A wide range of books about Scotland.
On the bottom shelf of the bookcase there are folders of ideas for places to visit.
DAYS OUT FOR FAMILIES
- Briarlands Farm Park briarlandsfarm.co.uk
- Auchengarrich Wildlife Centre www.auchingarrich.co.uk
- The Peak, Stirling (climbing wall, swimming pool and ice rink) www.the-peak-stirling.org.uk
PLACES OF HISTORICAL INTEREST
- Stirling Castle www.stirlingcastle.gov.uk
- Wallace Monument, Stirling www.nationalwallacemonument.com
- Castle Campbell, Dollar www.historic-scotland.gov.uk
- Doune Castle www.historic-scotland.gov.uk
- Battle of Bannockburn battleofbannockburn.com
PLACES TO EAT
- Tormaukin Hotel, Glendevon Lunch 12-2pm, Dinner 6-9pm www.tormaukinhotel.co.uk
- Cafe Kisa (High Street, just west of Co-op car park) 9.30–5pm www.cafekisa.co.uk
- Delivino award-wining delicatessen and wine cafe in Crieff and Auchterarder
- Gloagburn Farm Food shop and Restaurant, Tibbermore near Perth open daily 9.30–5pm (excellent reviews)gloagburnfarmshop.co.uk
- India Gate, Dunblane
(Fourways Roundabout, near police station) 01786 822098
Long established, well-reviewed, local favourite
Take away food from
- New Honey Flower, Auchterarder – long established Chinese takeaway 01764 663734 (south side of High Street, opposite the Aytoun Hall)
- The Top Shop Auchterarder
- The Fish & Chip Company, Auchterarder
SHOPS FOR FOOD
- Blackford Village Store (east end of village)
- Co-op, High Street Auchterarder
- Alexa Dunlop, Greengrocer and Fruitseller, High Street Auchterarder (west end of town, north side of High St)
- Simon Howie Butcher Auchterarder (next to car park)
- Dunblane has the nearest branches of Tesco and Marks and Spencer
- 24-hour Tesco, Perth just off A9 near McDiarmid Park Football Ground
Nearest Petrol Stations (both have shops)
Southbound – Balhaldie 6 miles approx
Northbound – Loaninghead 2 miles approx
Local Garage for any repairs etc
McNaughtons Garage, Abercarney Place, Blackford (turn left just past the zebra crossing at the Village Store, east end of village.)