- Tullibardine Distillery Tour
Ask at the distillery for times and more details. www.tullibardine.com
- Blackford Village Store
All the basics, good value and good range of products.
- Children’s swing park
At the east end of the village near the school and another play area beyond the level crossing for older children. (The level crossing is manned full time.)
- Blackford Church Trail Leaflet gives a starting point to a number of other routes which are signed from the village.
- Beyond Comelyburn on the road beyond the level crossing, is a sign for a route to Auchterarder via Gleneagles Golf Course.
- There is a footpath beside the Danny Burn just beyond the Moray Institute.
- On the other side of the dual carriageway is a signpost for a route across the Ochils.
- Please ask for further information about longer walks on the Sherrifmuir and the Ochil hills
In the house
A wide range of books about Scotland.
DAYS OUT FOR FAMILIES
- Briarlands Farm Park briarlandsfarm.co.uk
- Auchengarrich Wildlife Centre www.auchingarrich.co.uk
- The Peak, Stirling (climbing wall, swimming pool and ice rink) www.the-peak-stirling.org.uk
PLACES OF HISTORICAL INTEREST
- Stirling Castle www.stirlingcastle.gov.uk
- Wallace Monument, Stirling www.nationalwallacemonument.com
- Castle Campbell, Dollar https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/places/castle-campbell/
- Doune Castle https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/places/doune-castle/prices-and-opening-times/
- Battle of Bannockburn battleofbannockburn.com
PLACES TO EAT
- Tormaukin Hotel, Glendevon Lunch 12-2pm, Dinner 6-9pm www.tormaukinhotel.co.uk
- Cafe Kisa (High Street, just west of Co-op car park) 9.30–5pm www.cafekisa.co.uk
- Delivino award-wining delicatessen and wine cafe in Crieff and Auchterarder
- Gloagburn Farm Food shop and Restaurant, Tibbermore near Perth open daily 9.30–5pm (excellent reviews)gloagburnfarmshop.co.uk
- India Gate, Dunblane https://mrsinghsdunblane.co.uk/
(Fourways Roundabout, near police station) 01786 822098
Long established, well-reviewed, local favourite
Take away food from
- New Honey Flower, Auchterarder – long established Chinese takeaway 01764 663734 (south side of High Street, opposite the Aytoun Hall)
- The Top Shop, Auchterarder https://www.facebook.com/168Topshopauchterarder/?rf=1489237471297768
- The Fish & Chip Company, Auchterarder
SHOPS FOR FOOD
- Blackford Village Store (east end of village)
- Co-op, High Street Auchterarder
- Alexa Dunlop, Greengrocer and Fruitseller, High Street Auchterarder (west end of town, north side of High St)
- Simon Howie Butcher Auchterarder (next to car park)
- Dunblane has the nearest branches of Tesco and Marks and Spencer
- 24-hour Tesco, Perth just off A9 near McDiarmid Park Football Ground
Nearest Petrol Stations (both have shops)
Southbound – Balhaldie 6 miles approx
Northbound – Loaninghead 2 miles approx
Local Garage for any repairs etc
McNaughtons Garage, Abercarney Place, Blackford (turn left just past the zebra crossing at the Village Store, east end of village.)